Citizens Housing and Planning Council (CHPC)
Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC) is a non-profit research and education organization focused on housing and planning policy in New York City. The next administration must:
- End the Brutal Bureaucracy that leaves affordable apartments sitting vacant.
- Honor our essential workers and strengthen NYC’s infrastructure of care by providing affordable housing for essential workers.
- Allow Public housing residents to take the lead in making decisions for the improvement to their homes.
- Ensure that the next housing plan is grounded in our values and can harness the full power -beyond counting units- of what housing policy can accomplish
- Make basement apartments safer and more habitable